Wednesday, January 12, 2011

To Ducktorate or no...?

Aloha :)

So tomorrow is my day off. Quite looking forward to it. Today I am going to try and go to costuming to get some of the merch costumes. I hope it looks okay on me.

I have this urge to go to Magic Kingdom on my next day off (not tomorrow). I feel as if I haven't been there in a while and that I should go to take advantage of that perk.

I went to the pavillion at Vista today to get some DVDs and I noticed that they were signing up people for classes. I know I have my Mousters, but I did always want to get a Ducktorate too.
I am wondering if I should do a course to get one? The thing is whether I want to spend one of my days off getting up early and attanding class, and then having to do homework/a small exam? I guess it could be good to get me back into the whole uni mode.
I just wonder because when my parents come/I want to go on adventures etc than I may not be able to? Or I may have to miss a class which would affect my final grade?

So, any opinions?
This is the one that I thought looked interesting (after reading some of the Creativity and Innovation book and hearing about the class from others I am not sure I really want to do that any more...).

Experimental Learning
THE DISNEY EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING COURSE OBJECTIVES

Recognize the importance of adult education and a commitment to life-long learning

Build transferable skills and knowledge related to adult learning styles

Integrate experiential learning, academic learnings, and work-related experiences to their Experiential Learning assignments

Explore the historical foundations of adult learning (Erik Erikson, Carl Jung, Abraham Maslow, Fritz Perls, Jean Piaget)

Explore the learning theories of John Dewey, Malcolm Knowles, David Kolb, Kurt Lewin, Edward L. Thorndike, Peter Senge, and Thomas Stewart

Identify and participate in self-directed learning activities at the Disney Learning Centers

Participate in at least one Career Insight activity designed to promote understanding of a variety of career paths and various lines of business

Explore the value of diversity on a personal and a professional level

Learn the benefit and value of community service on a corporate as well as a personal level

Engage in specific Guest experiences to identify the value of and relationship between education and entertainment

--

1. Introduction to Experiential Learning
(3 hours)

Define experiential learning

Establish course expectations and objectives

Introduce experiential learning opportunities

Review the Experiential Learning Student Notebook
Familiarize yourself with the assignment descriptions.

2. Experiential Learning Theories I
(3 hours)

Explore the historical foundations of learning theory through the work of John Dewey, Kurt Lewin, and Jean Piaget

Explore techniques used to assist adults in learning

Relate learning theory models to field experiences
Continue experiential learning activities outside of class

3. Individuality in Learning and Introduction to Learning Styles
(3 hours)

Share recent experiential learnings from field experiences

Introduce David Kolb and the Experiential Learning Model

Explore Kolb’s learning styles

Complete the Adapting Learning Styles Assessment
Continue experiential learning activities outside of class

4. More on Learning Styles (3 hours)

Share recent experiential learnings from field experiences

Administer the Personal Learning Insights Profile

Explore the personal approach to learning

Apply Personal Learning Insights to a corporate setting
Continue experiential learning activities outside of class

5. Experiential Learning Theories II
(3 hours)

Explore the historical foundations of experiential learning theory through the works of Carl Jung, Erik Erikson, Carl Rogers, Fritz Perls, and Abraham Maslow and their impact on adult learning theory

Explore techniques used to assist adults in learning
Continue experiential learning activities outside of class

6. Learning in an Organization
(3 hours)

Explore adult learning theories of Edward Thorndike and Malcolm Knowles

Introduce the work of Peter Senge and the concept of a learning organization

Explore the impact of learning styles on adapting to a corporate culture

Explore the value of Corporate community involvement

Continue experiential learning activities outside of class

Read the Corporate Volunteerism article & prepare to provide in-class written responses to questions related to the Corporate Volunteerism article

7. Corporate Applications of Diversity
(3 hours)

Discuss the value of experiential learning to diversity

Identify the importance of diversity as it applies to life-long learning

Explore corporate applications of diversity

Discover the business case for diversity
Continue experiential learning activities outside of class

8. Learning in an Organization II
(3 hours)

Define intellectual capital and its importance in a corporate culture

Apply experiential learning to field experiences

Prepare for final exam
Continue experiential learning activities outside of class

9. Conclusion and Final Exam
(3 hours)

Assess course learnings through a Final Exam

Identify the value of a commitment to life-long learning

Summarize and discuss learning activities from the term
Prepare for Final Exam

---

By the way I managed to sort out the NZ uni thing. I should be all set for when I go back. Now I just have to figure out everything else.... Like where in the world will I live..? Job? :/


Work has been kind of interesting lately since we have a new item on the menu that I have been involved in developing.
I am scared about the change over to merch next week. :(


A guy from work was trying to give away his morning shift yesterday. They are pretty rare so I decided to tak it. My pay check will be good, but I really don't like how I'm doing 2 doubles 2 days straight. It's kind of crazy. Oh well....maybe it's my lat chance to get some descent paychecks since my pay goes down when I am in merch. :(

Okay, off to work now!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment