Thursday, July 8, 2010

Carowinds

Hello everyone :)

Today we got to experience the awesomeness that is Carowinds. :)
Got to love themeparks.

Today the temperature was around 105F with the heat index. That is over 35C. So it was HOT. You just were saturated a lot of the day. It was kinda icky. However, I think I did pretty well since I'm not used to such heat!
I made sure I put on LOTS of sunscreen and drank lots of water (yay for free water around the parks!)

We did all the rides we wanted to, and since it wasn't a peak day we got to do our faves twice. :D (one we walked straight on both times which was awesome!)

The first ride we went on was called the Vortex. It wasn't so comfortable. You sit on this stump thing and your feet kind of dangle. Major wedgie. :/ Anywho, it wasn't a bad ride, but then the girl on our row passed out on it! She was hanging there in the padded bars. It was scary! When she got off they looked after her - it was probably dehydration mixed with the ride. Just like mixing huge meals and violent coasters one after the other. They don't mix too well.

Another ride was called the Hurler. It was a wooden coaser, and like most wooden coasters, it was painful. Apparantly not as painful as this one we didn't bother with but I have a bruise on my leg from being thrust to the edge of the carriage several times.

The Sky Needle was this big turny thing that overlooked everything. It was nice and cool and relaxing. :) A good panorama.

The Dropzone was like a mini Death Drop (in Australia). Not so impressive, but still made me freak a little. I hate not knowing when its going to go or stop. At least this one didn't have a plasitc shield in front. Ew can you imagine how many people have vomitted on that thing, right in front of your face? Erggggh.

The Cyclone I was told had a stomach wrenching drop but it was seriously dissapointing. The drop was a baby one and didn't affect me at all!

The Riccochet was the equivolent of the Wild Mouse in Aussie. The ride is jolty and violent but always makes me giggle. We did this one twce (the last time being the final ride, to end on a bubbly note :) )

The Cobra was like the Boomerang from Six Flags, Cali. Basically it goes up backwards, lets go and you do some loops. Then it reverses you backwards. We did this one twice too since it had a good amount of adrenalin rush and didn't hurt. :)

The Nighthawk was interesting. Reminded me of Tatsu from Six Flags, Cali. You started looking up at the sky, and then you switch to a hanging position. Can't say it was overly comfortable though.

Afterburn was one of my faves. It is simulated to feel like a jet (fighter) plane, and it's lovely and smooth. We did this one twice too.

Right. So The Intimidator claimed to be the tallest and fasted rollercoast in the SE of the USA. I was excited for this one. However, this ride was not scary at all! Actually I found it super relaxing. I was floating a lot of the ride, but I enjoyed that.
We did this one twice too. First time without incident. Second...uh. We had this guy in front of us, who, when the carrige stopped, vomited all over himself. Lovely... The incident keepts replaying in my mind. Nasty...

The 2 water rides got me drenched. The rapid one I was in the most unfortunate seat, and then I got entirely drenched from the Whitewater falls. Entirely... My shoes had swimming pools in them.

I was encouraged to try this thing called a 'funnell' cake. It was very unhealthy and I protested, but apparantly I couldn't be in Carolina without trying it. Basically it was a strangely shaped donut...
Whilst there I enjoyed watching the geese. Those birds weren't the brightest...

When we were wandering around the state bird of NC appeared in front of us - called the Cardinal. It's quite pretty.

I found it amusing to see that barely no-one was playing those paying games where you win prizes etc. Thoe workers looked very bored. I felt sorry for them. Having to talk all day to practically no-one, in the heat. :/

Guess what? I didn't get sunburnt! Isn't that exciting?!
I also found money on a few of the rides (people aren't so smart leaving things like that in their pockets, especially on rollercoasters), yay me I'm like 50cents richer. ;) Cheapskate? Yes, I am. ;)

One neat thing about Carowinds is that the park goes right through North and South Carolina! So you can be in 2 places at once! :D



Ok just because I remembered, here are the pics from before I left NZ. Friiiiends <3








I'm too tired to upload the latest USA pictures. It's nearing midnight. I'll do them when I can find time.

Night ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment