Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 2, 3 and some of 4

Ok so here's the update for the last few days. :)

So we drove to San Antonio in Texas to see The Alamo mainly.

It wasn't what I was expecting, really. Basically it was this fortress and you could go inside this building. It had a lot of history, and they'd added a ceiling to it (yay because it was raining due to hurricane Alex). This one guy told the story of the place to us. He was emotive and pretty interesting.

The town was really cute. I wish we had had more time to shop because I enjoyed looking at the tiny portion I did. (that's where the pics of my trying on the hair pieces came from).

Later we went to the River Walk. The place was nice, but would have been nicer if the weather had been more co-operative. Luckily however we did manage to get a boat ride because it was closed off from the rain a lot of the day!

For dinner we met up with Robert's brother and his wife. It was at a seafood restaurant that was Louisina style.
I tried Gumbo! Actually, I wasn't goign to but Robert said I should. It was...different. Not terrible like I was expecting though. I didn't know it had rice on the bottom which was intriguing.
I had a nice salad (see, healthy.) and salmon for my main. Everything was eepretty nice!

After that we checked into our hotel (The Marriott - full service one <-- there are different types which I didn't know...). It was a nice place! We rushed so we could get free food at the concierge lounge. :P Luckily we made it.
Then I had a room to myself. It was awesome. I relaxed and played country music on their radio (which had picture buttons that I played with).

The next morning we had a long drive. The plan was to leave at 9, and I was going to put my alarm on, but I forgot. Eek. Not the best start since I woke up at 8.33am only because Linda rang the room.... :/ Then I was all frazzled and locked myself out of my room (joy). However I went down the 10 levels and getting a replacement key was suprisingly easy.
Then I went to the conciege lounge for free brekkie. :P

The view out of my window was nice, but the air con in the room kept me up most of the night. It kept turning on and off which drive me nuts!

We drove for ages before arriving at an Outlet Mall. This place was massive. All these individual shops attached to each other, pretty much.
It was the funniest shopping I've ever done though because the place where we stopped to look around had shops similar to Millers and K-Mart and Farmers. ...which needless to say aren't my style.
Linda was tryingt o figure out what I liked. ...oddly enough (and slightly sad) the types of shops I like we only found at the -end- when we were going to leave! I found this awesome place called Vanity Fair. I had a fun time in there and got a top and a dress.

We stopped for lunch at a place called Chick-fil-a. It's sort of like a healthy version of KFC. They have sandwiches etc. I tried the weirdest flavour smoothie - blueberry and pineapple. It wasn't too bad but still a little odd!
Personally, and wendy you'll like this bit, I liked all the freebies! Mints, hand sanitisers, free peach smoothie samples...
Then I was very impressed by some of the employees there. They had guys with umbrellas who walked you to your car! Isn't that nice??

It was Robert and Linda's 1st anniversary yesterday, so -we- went to dinner. I thought they'd want to be by themselves, but I was invited to tag along!
The food at the place La Riveriera was yummy! They did the yummiest molten chocolate cake. Chocolate ooooozed out of the middle. Needless to say it was amazing.
(eg. like this )

I slept the best I have so far last night. I had a strange dream about wanting to become a cheerleader though...

This morning we had a parade thing to go to at 9am. It was a small celebration since it was just for the local townspeople. Everyone was dressed up red white and lue. Very cool. People threw out lollies and drove golf carts (strange..?). Lots of little kiddies, pregnant mommas and families out. Also a few dogs.
They had a few activities for the kiddies and it was a nice atmosphere...

Right now its just nice to relax though. :)


Rodeo tonight! So excited for that! I'm gonna dress up cowgirl styles to blend in. (well, until the moment I open my mouth, anyway)


Please NOTE:
I have changed the site my photos are on. The other was wanting me to pay when I reached 200. :P

This is the direct link
HERE ), but I'll put it on the sidebar too so they can be easily accessed like they were before. Also I've kept the function that shows the most recently added photos, above. :)

Anyway I'm gonna go relax and hang out with BB.

Catch ya'll later.
I'll update when I can with Rodeo pics and pics from the parade this morning (pre-July 4th parade).

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you slept well, am enjoying reading your blog. Sounds like life is pretty exciting at the moment for you. Keep having fun.
    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete