Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 5 and 6

Yesterday was July 4!
It ws great. Lots of patriotism and a fun atmosphere. The day was pretty cruisey too.

Firstly we went out shopping to this place called Sam's Club. I said "that's a weird name for a shop", but turns out it is a club! You have to be a member to enter the store (or there is a visitor pass option). Its kind of like The Warehouse inside, but much more spacious. We didn't find what we were looking for, so we went off to Macy's to try looking for luggage there.
(the reason I needed luggage was because when I arrived in Houston my big bag had a giant hole in it! Sincea wheel was whacked off they didn't claim responsibility so I had to resign myself to the fact that I needed another.)

Then we went to Best Buy. That place is geeky and fasciniating. The people were helpful though and always willing to assist you. I looked pretty lost so they helped me out quite a bit. ;)

Then we washed the car. That was a funny experience. Linda and Robert cleaned the car before putting it through the drive through since the drive through wouldn't have been totally effective apparantly.

Robert gave me a tour around A&M uni. That place is MASSIVE. Seriously. It's a mini town, pretty much. It has all its own facilities and is all spaced out. It's also very square and concrete, but there are big green spaces too. I was thinking man, 20 Vic uni's could fit in this place!

We had lunch at this awesome Mexican place (yay mexican!). It was really pretty, and the people super nice. They just kept filling your glass up and asking if you were ok. I'm a little worried that since Disney has such high standards I won't be able to live up to them, if people working at small places here are really amazing with their service!

I had noticed on the way in a sign for Ben and Jerry's icecreams. Linda had mentioned this ice-cream called Phish Food, and we hadn't been able to find it till then. However it was at this place and I got to try it. I was impressed! It had these awesome bits of chunky chocolate. :D

That evening we went to George Bush (senior) Library and museam, for where the 4th July celebration was. The place had a nice atmosphere, and the museum was interesting. I liked all the fun quotes. Also there were some neat interactive things.

People were dressed up, there was a live band (later an orchestra), food/drink, people handing out these nifty fans and brochures....

They lit up and hot air balloon and had lights and a fountain. It was just a nice atmosphere, you know? People were out and about enjoying the GORGEOUS weather and having fun. I liked it. We had about an hour and a half to relax and soak it up after the library/museum, so I read my book and chilled out.

The fireworks started at 9.50pm and went on for about 18mins, I was wondering if they were ever going to stop! They were pretty though. :)


Onto today.
Briefly.
We had breakfast out at this cool place that had decorations everywhere! They also had mind games you can play. Brekkie was an experience, but I'll write about it under the photos. I had fun in the gift shop after.

When we got back Robert has to pack ( and take BB with him). It was then just Linda and I. So we went to girly shops (woah massive make-up store!!!) and then went to see Toy Story 3 (3D).
It was a cute movie. :) Not sad like I was expecting from what I'd heard though.

Right now I have to pack everything back up in my suitcases and go to bed!

I'll add blurbs about the pics when I can..

Off to NC tomorrow! :)

Night ya'll
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment