Monday, July 12, 2010

Hello everyone!

Today we leave for the big drive to D.C. It's about a 7ish hour drive without stops. So uhh....yeah. Loooooong.

HERE are the photos I uploaded from the day before. I was meant to go through and delete a lot of the scenery ones but I haven't gotten around to it. Let me know if that's a bad thing...

and

HERE are yesterday's photos. There are a lot, because I loooooove the arts and designs of native American Indians. They use a lot of animals such as the wolf and bear, which I like.




We went to a place called the Cherokee Reservation

It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, and the shows didn't play on sundays, but I still enjoyed it immensely.

Oh and I obviously haven't gotten around to captioning everything. What I wrote in each entry kind of explains a lot of them though.


Here's the commentry from yesterday:

There was a runaway truck on the other side of the road. It caused a MASSIVE traffic jam.

When we got to Cherokee I had fun taking photos of things there, especially the artwork. Some are fuzzy due to the fact I was taking pics of postcards and items in strange lighting.

There was even an atm in the middle of a souvenier store!

I only bought a few small things, including an eagle necklace (I'll change the chain) because I've always wanted one. I really liked the hair pieces too, and there's a pic of me wearing one. Those things were hard to figure out how to put on, but I guess practice will help.

Then we went to the gold and ruby mine. I searched for rubies, sapph
ires and gold. :) I found quite a few! Not really sure what to do with the rocks, because I mean I can get them made into jewellry but it's not like that's cheap. ;)

Man gold was so hard. I kept thinking fools gold was gold, because they don't actually tell you what you're looking for - they just had you some tools!

The last pics are the rubies (on the right) and sapphires (left) that we found. We almost found a 3carat one, but the guy said becuase of the thinness of the rock it'd be better as 2x 2carat stones. :)

Anyway so I'm going to go pack my bags for the long drive today.

Catch ya'll later!

2 comments:

  1. Lol, that's not that long! It'same travelling time to Hamilton/Auckland from Wellington :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I guess so, butthe thing is you have to drive ages to get annnnywhere here. So I kind of get a little sick of it lol

    ReplyDelete